CNC Rapid Machining Service is one of the significant achievements of advanced manufacturing technology in the 20th century, integrating computer technology, automatic control technology, testing technology, and machinery manufacturing technology, and comprehensive technology.
CNC machine tools are developed on the basis of mechanical manufacturing technology and automatic control technology. In 1946, the University of Pennsylvania developed the world’s first electronic computer ” ENIAC “, for product manufacturing from rigid automation to flexible automation direction laid the foundation.
The continuous development of modern science and technology and social production has put forward higher and higher requirements for machining. Automation and intelligence of the machining process are one of the most important measures to achieve the above requirements. It can not only improve the quality of products, improve productivity, and reduce production costs, but also reduce the labor intensity of workers, and improve the working environment.
Not all products in the machinery manufacturing industry have a large volume of parts, and single and small batch parts (batch size of 10 to 100 pieces) accounts for about 80% of the total machining. In particular, in shipbuilding, aerospace, aviation, machine tools, heavy machinery and defense industries, its production characteristics are processing small batches, frequent modifications, parts with complex shapes and high precision requirements. The use of a high degree of specialization of automated machine tools to process such parts is obviously very unreasonable, because the production process requires frequent modification and adjustment of equipment, for professional production lines, such modifications and adjustments are sometimes impossible to achieve. Various types of profiling machine tools have been part of the solution to the small batch, complex parts of the processing problem, but in the replacement parts must be manufactured against the mold, adjust the machine tool, not only consume a lot of manual labor, prolonging the production preparation cycle, and because of the impact of the mold tolerance, the accuracy of the parts is difficult to achieve high requirements.
To solve these problems, to meet the requirements of multi-variety, small batch automation production, the urgent need for a flexible, universal, can adapt to frequent changes in the product automation machine tools.
Numerical Control machines (CNC Rapid Machining Services) were born and developed in this situation. It is extremely effective in solving the above-mentioned series of contradictions, for a single piece, small production of precision and complex parts to provide automated means of processing. CNC machine tools will be required to process a variety of operations (such as spindle speed, loose-clamped workpiece, into and out of the tool, start and stop, select the tool, supply cutting fluid, etc.) steps, as well as the relative displacement between the tool and the workpiece, etc. are expressed in digital code, through the media will be digital information into a special or general-purpose computer, the computer for the input information to process and Operations, issued a variety of instructions to control the machine’s servo system or other executive components, so that the machine automatically processed the required workpiece. CNC machine tools and other automatic machine tool is a significant difference in that when the object of processing changes, in addition to reclamping the workpiece and replacing the tool, only need to update the program can be, without the need for the machine makes any adjustments.
Why CNC Rapid Machining Service?
- Wide range of adaptability. Due to the use of digital program control, when the production variety is changed, as long as the part program is reprogrammed, the automatic production of new parts can be realized. This is very important for the production mode of continuous upgrading of products in the current market competition. It provides an excellent production method for the automatic processing of multi-variety, small and medium batch parts.
- High precision and product stability. CNC machine tools are in accordance with the predetermined program and automatically work, in general, the work process does not require human intervention, which eliminates the operator’s human production errors. The design and manufacture of the main machine, usually take a number of measures, so that the mechanical part of CNC machine tools achieve a high degree of accuracy. The pulse equivalent (or resolution) of the CNC device can now reach 0. 01 to 0. 0001 mm, while the real-time detection of feedback, correction errors, or compensation to obtain higher accuracy. Therefore, CNC machine tools can obtain higher accuracy
than the accuracy of ordinary machine tools. In particular, product stability (the consistency of parts processing) is less than any machine tool in the past, it is almost independent of the operator’s emotions and proficiency. Because of the consistency of the parts processing, it gives the next process of processing or assembly process interchangeability are brought a lot of conveniences.
- High productivity. CNC machines can reduce the time required for maneuvering and auxiliary time for machining parts. CNC machine tool spindle speed and feed range than the range of general-purpose machine tools, each process can choose the best cutting amount, good mechanical structure rigidity allows CNC machine tools for the large cutting amounts of powerful cutting, thus effectively saving the motor time. CNC machine tool moving parts in the positioning are used to accelerate and decelerate measures, and can choose a very high speed of the empty stroke movement, shortening the positioning and non-cutting time. Due to the use of automatic tool change, automatic table exchange and automatic clamping workpiece, and also in the same machine tool (CNC machining center) on the same time for turning, milling, boring, drilling, grinding and other rough and finish machining, that is, in a machine tool to achieve multiple processes of continuous processing. It not only reduces the auxiliary time, and because of the centralized process, both to reduce the number of parts turnover and clamping, and reduce the stacking area of semi-finished parts, to production scheduling management brings great convenience. In addition, due to the multiple use of a machine, the number of equipment and plant floor space is reduced.
- Reduce the labor intensity, and improve production conditions. As the CNC machine tool is programmed to automatically complete the parts processing, the operator generally only need to load and unload parts and replace the tool, press the cycle start button, the machine automatically completes processing, thus greatly reducing the operator’s labor intensity, improve production conditions, reduce the need for skilled workers, and can achieve a person to manage multiple machine processing.
- Machining of complex parts. The machining of complex parts is difficult or impossible for ordinary machines to achieve curves with more than two trajectories or The movement of the surface, such as propellers, turbine blades and other space surfaces. CNC machine tools due to the use of computer interpolation technology and multi-coordinate linkage control, can achieve almost any trajectory of movement and processing of any shape of the space surface, suitable for a variety of complex surface parts processing.
- Contribute to modern production management. The use of CNC machine tool processing, can easily and accurately calculate the parts processing time, production cycle and processing costs, and effectively simplify the inspection and the management of fixtures and semi-finished products. The use of CNC machine tool communication interface, the use of CNC information and standard code input, can be networked with the computer, computer-aided design, manufacturing and management integration.
When using CNC Rapid Machining Service?
CNC machine tools have many advantages that ordinary machine tools do not have, and their applications are expanding. CNC machines are best suited for machining parts with the following characteristics:
- Multi-species, low-volume production parts.
- Parts with more complex shapes and structures.
- Parts that require frequent modification.
- Critical parts of high value that are not allowed to be scrapped.
- Urgently needed parts with short design and manufacturing cycles.
- Batch parts with high accuracy requirements.
How does the CNC Rapid Machining Machine work?
First of all, according to the part drawing, combined with the machining process for programming, and then through the keyboard or other input devices to enter the program, fed into the CNC system and then after debugging, modification, and finally store it.
Machining according to the program for the relevant digital information processing:
- Through the interpolation operator for processing trajectory operations, so as to control the servo system to drive the machine tool axes, so that the relative position of the tool and the workpiece in accordance with the shape of the trajectory of the part to be processed movement, and through the position detection feedback to ensure its displacement accuracy.
- According to the machining requirements, the PLC controls the spindle and other auxiliary devices to coordinate the work, such as spindle speed change, spindle gear shift, ATC automatic tool change, APC automatic workpiece change, the workpiece clamping and relaxation, lubrication system start/stop, cutting fluid switch, overload and limit protection when necessary, and control the machine movement to stop quickly.
CNC machine tools through the program debugging, test cutting, into the normal batch processing, the operator generally as long as the workpiece loading and unloading, and then press the program automatic cycle button, the machine can automatically complete the entire process.
Part processing programming is divided into manual programming and automatic programming. Manual programming refers to the programmer according to the part drawing and process, the use of CNC programming instructions (currently generally use ISO CNC standard code) and the specified format for program preparation, and then through the operation of the keyboard into the CNC system, and then debugging, modification, etc. For automatic programming, has been more computer CAD / CAM graphics interactive automatic programming, through the computer processing, automatic generation of CNC programs, can be directly entered into the CNC system through the interface.
About DFM Rapid
We are a CNC machining China shop in Dongguan. We have 20 CNC milling and turning machines in our shop. We can offer you CNC Rapid Machining Service and low-volume CNC machining services for plastic and metal parts. Also, surface finish like anodized, powder coating is available. If you need Metal & Plastic parts machined for prototypes or production, please feel free to get a quote online.
Or email us at [email protected]cncrapid.com to tell us About Your Project
Please include the following information so that we can provide an accurate quote:
- Part Name
- 3D Drawing
- Tolerance Range
- Surface Finish
Thank you for your time!