Copper C110, often referred to as Electrolytic-Tough-Pitch (ETP) copper, stands out as one of the purest forms of copper available. With its unparalleled electrical conductivity and thermal properties, it has become an indispensable material in the realm of CNC machining.
Chemical Composition: Copper C110 boasts a purity level of 99.9% copper, with trace elements of silver. This high copper content is responsible for its superior electrical conductivity, making it the standard by which other copper alloys are measured.
- Electrical Conductivity: With a conductivity rating of 101% IACS, C110 copper is the standard bearer for electrical conductivity in commercial metals.
- Thermal Conductivity: Its high thermal conductivity ensures efficient heat dissipation, crucial for electronic components.
- Machinability: While not the easiest copper alloy to machine, its properties allow for precision machining with a polished finish.
- Corrosion Resistance: Exhibits resistance to atmospheric corrosion, making it suitable for outdoor applications.
Machining Insights: When machining C110, it’s essential to use sharp tools to prevent work hardening. Coolants are recommended to extend tool life and ensure a smooth finish. Due to its ductility, slow speeds and feeds are advised to prevent deformation.
- Electrical Components: Its unmatched conductivity makes it the first choice for electrical connectors, terminals, and conductors.
- Heat Sinks: Utilized in electronics for its ability to dissipate heat efficiently.
- Architectural Features: Its aesthetic appeal and resistance to corrosion make it a popular choice for architectural elements and sculptures.
Design Tips for Engineers:
- When designing parts that require high electrical conductivity, C110 should be at the top of your list.
- For applications demanding heat dissipation, leverage its thermal properties.
- Given its ductility, designs requiring intricate shapes or deep drawing can benefit from C110.
Copper C110 combines the best of conductivity, thermal properties, and aesthetics, making it a top-tier choice for CNC machining. Whether you’re designing electronic components or crafting a piece of art, C110 promises performance and beauty in equal measure.