Copper C101 CNC Machining

Upload your CAD files, receive a CNC milling price estimate promptly and get your parts into production efficiently.

The Significance of Copper C101 in CNC Machining:

Copper C101 offers exceptional electrical conductivity due to its 99.99% purity. Its high purity and performance make it a preferred choice for CNC machining.

Copper C101, commonly known as Oxygen-Free Electronic (OFE) copper, is renowned for its impressive purity levels. This material offers unparalleled electrical conductivity, making it a prime choice in the CNC machining world.

Chemical Composition: Copper C101 boasts an impressive 99.99% copper content, with the remaining 0.01% consisting of trace elements, ensuring minimal impurities. This high copper content is the reason behind its superior electrical conductivity.

Key Features:

  1. Electrical Conductivity: C101 copper is one of the best conductors of electricity, thanks to its high purity levels.
  2. Thermal Conductivity: Its excellent thermal properties make it ideal for applications requiring efficient heat transfer.
  3. Machinability: While C101 is not the easiest copper to machine due to its softness, it provides a smooth finish when machined correctly.
  4. Corrosion Resistance: It offers good resistance to atmospheric corrosion, making it suitable for various environments.

Machining Insights: Machining C101 requires sharp tools to ensure clean cuts and to prevent the material from sticking to the tool. Given its soft nature, slow speeds and feeds are recommended to achieve precision and to avoid deformation.


  • Electrical Components: Its unmatched conductivity makes C101 the preferred choice for high-end electrical connectors, terminals, and conductors.
  • Heat Sinks: Its ability to transfer heat efficiently makes it a top pick for electronic heat sinks.
  • Architectural Features: Its bright, shiny appearance combined with its corrosion resistance makes it a favorite for decorative and architectural applications.

Design Tips for Engineers:

  • For parts requiring superior electrical conductivity, C101 should be your first choice.
  • Leverage its thermal properties for applications that demand efficient heat dissipation.
  • Given its softness, designs requiring intricate shapes can benefit from C101, but care should be taken during machining.

Copper C101 combines purity with excellent electrical and thermal properties, solidifying its position as a top-tier choice for CNC machining. For applications that demand the best in conductivity and appearance, C101 is the material of choice.

Copper C110 vs. Copper C101

Feature/Property Copper C110 Copper C101
Purity 99.9% 99.99%
Electrical Conductivity Excellent, but slightly less than C101 due to its slightly lower purity Superior, one of the best conductors of electricity due to its high purity
Thermal Conductivity Excellent Slightly better than C110 due to higher purity
Machinability Good, but care is needed due to its softness Similar to C110, but its higher purity might pose some challenges
Corrosion Resistance Good resistance to atmospheric corrosion Similar resistance to C110
Applications Electrical connectors, terminals, conductors, heat sinks, architectural features High-end electrical connectors, terminals, conductors, electronic heat sinks, decorative and architectural applications

While both Copper C110 and Copper C101 are excellent choices for CNC machining, the decision between them often comes down to specific requirements. C101’s higher purity makes it the go-to for applications demanding the utmost in electrical conductivity, while C110 is more commonly used for a broader range of applications.

Stay Updated with Our Latest

Keep the momentum of learning going! Here are some of our latest articles that complement what you’ve just read.

  • High Precision CNC Machining Services

High Precision CNC Machining Services

December 9th, 2022|0 Comments

DFM Rapid Limited is a leading provider of high precision CNC machining services. Our advanced CNC machines and experienced team of machinists allow us to produce precise and consistent parts, no matter the complexity or [...]

  • CNC Precision Prototyping Machining

CNC Precision Prototyping Machining

October 26th, 2022|0 Comments

CNC Precision Prototyping Machining. The prototype is very important for the high-volume production of your parts or products because the prototype is the first step in checking the size, shape, dimension, and quality of the [...]

  • CNC Parts Service

CNC Parts Service

October 25th, 2022|0 Comments

CNC Parts Service. DFM Rapid provides CNC aluminum parts, CNC stainless steel and CNC plastic parts with quick turnarounds. We don't have MOQ requirements, Rapid CNC prototyping is available for our customers around the world. [...]